[Tagging] tagging sport=shotput or sport=shot_put?

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Mon Mar 28 22:29:33 UTC 2016

Warin wrote on 2016/03/28 23:15:

> I would map each sport as individual pitches/tracks (running is a track type thing).
 > Then add the relevant sport to the individual pitch/track. That way I can 'see' where each sport is.

So what do you do when multiple athletic disciplines are performed on the same pitch/track?

> The present 'system' in the sports key is duck tagging.

There is a lot of those from the early days, yes. That does not mean it is necessary to introduce a whole lot more.

> For example ... football could have been tagged
> sport=football
> football:soccer=yes

I gave you an example where subtagging in sport worked well.

> Is one method better than the other? I don't think there is a clear winner there, more personal opinion.

The way to deal with chaos is structure, in my opinion.

> To get back to part of my original question ... shot_put looks to be preferred over shotput.

Good, one thing we agree on.

tom