[Tagging] Proper Tag for Not-a-Roundabout

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 8 15:26:29 UTC 2016

On 08/11/2016 14:09, Tom Pfeifer wrote:
> On 08.11.2016 14:35, Dave F wrote:
>>
>> On 08/11/2016 11:07, Daniel Hofmann wrote:
>>> In the second example "Skalitzer Straße" has right of way.
>>
>> ... Reichenberger Straße appears to be mapped incorrectly as
>
> No.
>
>> it joins directly into Kottbusser Tor
>
> That's what it does in reality. And it's oneway, so you can only leave
> the circle, not join.

I think you're looking at the wrong bit:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/172425897

http://tinyurl.com/otmaque (StreetView)

Where is this path on GSV? (note it's directly at the bottom of the
steps on OSM): http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/386659492

Where is this path on OSM? It appears to be missing:
http://tinyurl.com/oj9shyp

>> & the pedestrian crossing is
>> nearer Kottbusser Tor (note the crossing & path are to the West of the
>> steps up to the railway station.
>
> Access to the U-Bahn (which is above the street here) is via a
> pedestrian tunnel, so the steps outside the circle are going _down_ to
> -1.

These are the steps I'm talking about. going from from Ground level up
to Level 1
http://tinyurl.com/oodmyat

>> The lights at that crossing also appear to control vehicle access onto
>> Kottbusser Tor.
>
> The lights are not all mapped. there are light when entering the
> circle, and lights in the circle.
> Will do a full mapillary round next time in the area to get it completed.

Does Skalitzer Straße have lights controlling traffic onto Kottbusser
Tor as per this view: http://tinyurl.com/ool33xg?

>> Caveat: I'm using streetview so the images could be out of date.
>
> Which streetview, there are plenty?
>
> Start using mapillary, and there is 2016 aerial coverage for Berlin in
> the town's osm-compliant geoportal. ;-)

Do you mean Mapbox? It's a bit blurred. The photos appear to show the
same as Google Streetview