[Tagging] Proper Tag for Not-a-Roundabout

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Tue Nov 8 23:56:17 UTC 2016

On 08.11.2016 16:26, Dave F wrote:

> I think you're looking at the wrong bit:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/172425897

Indeed, as we were talking about circular structures, I was looking into
the road in the north-west of the circle, you refer to the roads in the
southeast.

> http://tinyurl.com/otmaque (StreetView)

Ok, Google then. Their street imagery is dated June 2008, the road
layout has changed significantly since.

We use aerial imagery from the Geoportal Berlin
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Geoportal_Berlin
where the city enjoyed us with annual updates recently.

Thus, the change happened between the 2011 and 2014 imagery.

> Where is this path on GSV? (note it's directly at the bottom of the
> steps on OSM): http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/386659492
>
> Where is this path on OSM? It appears to be missing:
> http://tinyurl.com/oj9shyp

As above, the paths are mapped correctly according to 2016 aerial view.

> Does Skalitzer Stra├če have lights controlling traffic onto Kottbusser
> Tor as per this view: http://tinyurl.com/ool33xg?

As above, this situation is outdated. The tie-in point of the
residential road is further east, as currently correctly mapped in OSM.

>>> Caveat: I'm using streetview so the images could be out of date.

Yes absolutely. You should trust the community! ;-)
And as said, I'll post a full circle in mapillary within a week or so.

Please note that we are deviating from a general tagging question into
mapping details of a particular junction. If you need to follow up,
please change at least the subject...

tom