[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - flight route

Fran├žois Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 12:38:43 UTC 2016

Hi all,

As said, no need to draw paths as way in OSM : they can be drawed by any
customized render engine when start and stop point are known.
+1 to make relation with airports as only members.

> A duration tag would be needed to calculate travel time. This way, a
> transport routing could take air travel into account, without introducing
> unverifiable data and flightpaths into the database.

I respectably disagree : how would a routing engine do to route pedestrian
on roads where only motor vehicle speed/travel time is known ?
Speed and so time depend on the aircraft you use to go down a specific
geographic path.

This data should not be added to OSM.
It is a routing engine parameter actually.

All the best

Fran├žois