[Tagging] Key:visibility

Paul Desgranges paul.desgranges at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 19:50:26 UTC 2016

I just wanted to extend the meaning of 'visibility' so that it does not
match only the 'clocks' but more things and for example 'advertising'
devices.

As a matter of fact, I find as well that "house"/"street"/"area" are not
very well understandable values for "visibility", but its was the
existing values, and I did n't want to change them, maybe just precise
their scope.

I think we should remove the distance in meters, because 5m, 20m, or any
other distances won't fit to all needs. It is more to get the average
scope, rather than an exact distance.

Visibility and readability are not the same, things are first visible,
then when you get closer same things become readable. But as tag is
called 'visibility' we should only speak about visibility and forget
about readability here.

Then I make another proposal

*visibility=** is used for publicly visible devices or features to
evaluate the scope of their visibility

-visibility=house : visible from the distance of one house (or
building), the device is targeted mostly for pedestrians, or bikers
-visibility=street : visible from the  distance of one street, the
device is targeted up to passers-by into vehicles going slowly
-visibility=area : visible from all the area, the device is targeted up
to passers-by into vehicles going fast

If somebody wants to make a better wordings, I would be glad

Thank you