[Tagging] better mapping for embankments / slopes

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 14:25:19 UTC 2016

If you want to micromap slopes you should create a new key "slope" or
something similar. An embankment has two slopes. It is equivalent to dyke
or levee. The one-side embankments that are defined in the OSM wiki, are in
reality slopes and should be retagged accordingly.

Independently of the name used fo the tag I see the prblem of defining
where the slope starts, normally these are rounded features.