[Tagging] better mapping for embankments / slopes

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 09:30:40 UTC 2016

Although it can be interesting how to map embankment properties on other
objects like roads or railroads (where the discussion led in the meantime),
this discussion started as a question how to map embankments on their own,
as features. I am interested in providing the data needed to create a map
signature like the embankments/slopes visible here (they use a similar
signature than OSM-Carto for embankments):

http://www.archivfreunde-rheinbach.de/images/Mitteilungsblatt/7/herrmann/erdwerk.png

Properties like length and slope are not suitable for irregular shapes
(=most embankments, at least at their ends), i.e. the length of the slope
changes. I believe we do need an upper and a lower way and put them somehow
together, but I am not sure which way is better (other ways or a relation).

Cheers,
Martin