[Tagging] cave_entrance. ref and name

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 09:49:35 UTC 2016

> I understand your intention to remove the inconsistent semantics in
> cave:ref vs name. But redefining a name tag that is already widespread used
> (22k objects) is tricky. I would suspect that many cave entrances have no
> specific names, particularly small caves with just one access.

Actually I did not redefine the name tag. Name, according to the wiki, is
"To provide details of the name for a feature included in OpenStreetMap.".
Clearly this refers to the feature that has the tag attached to it, i.e. in
this case the cave entrance. I only repeated this on the cave entrance page
for the avoidance of doubt.

Cheers,
Martin