[Tagging] Fire hydrants vs suction_point

Moritz osm at moritzmueller.ee
Fri Aug 18 20:33:57 UTC 2017

Hi Richard
>in actual real world usage, however, they are called dry hydrants by
>users (the fire departments). they are even signed as "dry hydrants" in
>cases. there's such a sign not far from me, i can go take a picture of

I think it's a language issue here.
Here in Germany these dry hydrants are called suction point (actually the German word for it) with proper signs. 


More information about the Tagging mailing list