[Tagging] Fire hydrants vs suction_point

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Fri Aug 18 21:05:57 UTC 2017

On 8/18/17 4:33 PM, Moritz wrote:
> Hi Richard
>> in actual real world usage, however, they are called dry hydrants by
>> their
>> users (the fire departments). they are even signed as "dry hydrants" in
>> many
>> cases. there's such a sign not far from me, i can go take a picture of
>> it.
> I think it's a language issue here.
> Here in Germany these dry hydrants are called suction point (actually the German word for it) with proper signs. 
normal practice in these cases is to fall back on british practice.
i have no idea what that might be.


rwelty at averillpark.net
 Averill Park Networking - GIS & IT Consulting
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux
 Java - Web Applications - Search

More information about the Tagging mailing list