[Tagging] Fire hydrants vs suction_point

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 08:26:54 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 18. Aug 2017, at 22:33, Moritz <osm at moritzmueller.ee> wrote:
> I think it's a language issue here.
> Here in Germany these dry hydrants are called suction point (actually the German word for it) with proper signs. 

suction point translates more accurately to "Absaugstelle", which doesn't necessarily mean "dry hydrant", but might be maybe the same in some cases (not sure). I guess it's more generic in meaning. You can't rely on dictionaries because they tend to give translations that are only in some cases /context correct, but don't work in others/are not 1:1 relations in every sense.


More information about the Tagging mailing list