[Tagging] Fire hydrants vs suction_point

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Mon Aug 21 12:14:06 UTC 2017

The correct English term is Dry Riser. 

Phil (trigpoint) 

On 21 August 2017 09:26:54 BST, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>sent from a phone
>> On 18. Aug 2017, at 22:33, Moritz <osm at moritzmueller.ee> wrote:
>> I think it's a language issue here.
>> Here in Germany these dry hydrants are called suction point (actually
>the German word for it) with proper signs. 
>suction point translates more accurately to "Absaugstelle", which
>doesn't necessarily mean "dry hydrant", but might be maybe the same in
>some cases (not sure). I guess it's more generic in meaning. You can't
>rely on dictionaries because they tend to give translations that are
>only in some cases /context correct, but don't work in others/are not
>1:1 relations in every sense.
>Tagging mailing list
>Tagging at openstreetmap.org

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20170821/426b4770/attachment.html>

More information about the Tagging mailing list