[Tagging] Deprecating of leisure=common and leisure=village_green

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 17:23:27 UTC 2017

> Mixed vegetation? Possibly better with separated values grass, trees,
> shrubs???
>

>> We already have them, but they're not always easy to separate. Having
>> some general tags is very useful in such cases and doesn't force you to
>> make a very detailed survey (or just pick some random value, like
>> landuse=grass!).
>>
>> landcover=vegetation?
>
> This avoids the 'mixed' so can be applied to satellite imagery where the
> vegetation is unresolved ... and can be used by locals to identify areas
> where a local survey could be performed to improve the mapping.

I like neither, far too unspecific. IMHO we don't need tags to apply for
tracing from aerial imagery in situations you can't asses anything more
meaningful from remote. I'd want to get a rough idea about the
character/nature of the spot, and "vegetation" says almost nothing, not
more or less than "mixed". What areas would you want to use these tags on?
grass areas between carriageways, on crossings, etc.? Uncultivated land
inside settlements (i.e. nature conquering the area)? Flowerbeds alongside
the road or sidewalk? Etc.

In case of mixed, I'd be interested in what is mixed. Are there trees?
Bushes? Grass? Flowers? Cactuses?

Cheers,
Martin