[Tagging] amenity=vending_machine and vending=public_transport_plans?

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Fri Feb 17 13:07:40 UTC 2017

> On Feb 17, 2017, at 6:28 PM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Humm maybe not..
> There is, or at least was, a 'Eurorail pass' for foreigners to enjoy access to trips over a set period of time but open as to where they go.
> Arr there is a similar BritRail Pass too..

Same in Japan - JR pass for foreign visitors. 1 week unlimited travel.

But this is not sold at a machine - you have to purchase through the embassy before your visit, as it is a huge discount (even at 800USD). I imagine these tourist passes are famous, but not the main use of the plans. Millions of people every day commute on prepaid time based cards and printed slips we are calling plans.

Some places call passes "tickets" (like BART, with no station-to-station tickets (afaik), some places have tickets, prepaid passes, and prepaid "plan" tickets (Tokyo), So keeping the time-based tickets (even these tourist tickets) separate from passes or tickets might be a good idea.

I am interested in add-fare/ fare adjustment machines, as well as pass refill machines you find at most major stations- I'll have to read the wiki.  This "plans" amenity is one of the other things to map as well.

Javbw