[Tagging] access: motorcar and goods, how to read the hierarchy

Tristan Anderson andersontristan at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 19 03:24:50 UTC 2017

I think I see what the problem is and correct me if I'm wrong.  Under the current tagging scheme the only way to tag a road that prohibits Kraftwagen would be something like...

bus=no

goods=no

hgv=no

moped=yes

motorcar=no

motorcycle=yes

 ...and probably several others

Even though this situation is unheard of in North America and the UK, it is common enough in Germany that there should be a way to streamline it, something along the lines of double_track=no, or, if there isn't a suitable English translation, kraftwagen=no.  I would agree that Personenkraftwagen translates perfectly into motorcar in the OSM sense of the word.