[Tagging] A place where letters & parcels are sent to be sorted so they can be delivered?

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Sun Feb 26 08:27:31 UTC 2017

> On Feb 25, 2017, at 11:33 PM, Philip Barnes <phil at trigpoint.me.uk> wrote:
>
> I would imagine that is quite common in large towns and cities.

Yea - all the main sorting facilities I know of - 2 in the US and 3 in Japan are HUGE buildings with many employees routing mail for hundreds of thousands or millions of people.

Then there is a little retail window on the front.  Often times this is the post office open the latest or has bulk mail acceptance (presort) - but the are often represented as a separate facility often times (signage wise) in the US and not in Japan - the "main" post office does regional sort and local sort and retail counter service.

Javbw.