[Tagging] Wrong use of landuse=village_green - but what else to use?

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Mon Jan 9 23:40:41 UTC 2017

On Jan 10, 2017, at 5:49 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

>> The wiki page has been reverted. Stop trolling.
>>
>> tom
>
> Not trolling. Raising the discussion, waving the flag ... this tag is something I trip over every now and then and it really annoys me.

As a person who "raised the discussion" around here in the past, you can pretty much say whatever you want - but doing unilateral changes to an established tag is not accepted community behavior. Documenting an existing in-use tag by creating a new page, fine - but changing the def to break such a well used tag is not good etiquette.

Changing the tag to discourage use in favor of other tags (like landuse=farm was depreciated) is also something people do -

But going and changing the wiki page unilaterally to break existing usage just gets you a reverted wiki page and a scowl from members of the community. Which is what just happened.

Hash it out here (where very little gets changed) instead of doing by yourself (where your big change is reverted to nothing).

Your point about how a highway overrun being an overrun no matter the covering is valid - but you are not going about it in a good way.