[Tagging] Added tables for values to key produce

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 20:29:51 UTC 2017

The word 'timber' is commonly used by loggers just before a tree is
felled as a warning.  While some only use it for sawn wood, the word has
more meanings that can be used.

To me 'timber' here is the cut down tree coming out of the forest, not
specific. Wheat coming out of a farmers field is also non specific, the
wheat could be used to make bread, a cake etc.

In my dictionary there are 10 meaning for 'timber'! A suitable meaning
here could be "a cut down tree". A similar meaning can be used for
'wheat' under the produce=wheat.

Humm perhaps a better description on the wiki? "produce=timber Harvested
trees. Further processing can result in sawn wood, wood chips, paper."
Though this misses on the 'lumber' thing, which could be a source of
confusion.

The difficulty I have

The stuff that comes out of the forest is, in this case, the dead tree.
Eventually that gets processed into things like paper. I'd certainly not
call paper produce, it is a product.
  In some places all the produce is turned in to wood chip for eventual
processing into paper. The same wood chip can be sold as a garden mulch.
In other places the produce is separated selectively, tuning the best
bits into the most valued products while the lest valued bits may get
turned into fire wood.

How does a mapper know what the end product will be? By having 'timber'
available the mapper can be non specific. As trees take some time to
grow the eventual end product may change as time passes.
I prefer the non specific 'timber' tag personally.

If you really think the mapper should refine the produce into woodchip,
paper, etc then possibly use a sub key timber=paper? Is this
desired/usefull?