[Tagging] Services provided by a travel agency

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 09:51:35 UTC 2017

> This particular question (how to add cycle rental to a tourist information
> office) is a symptom of a larger tagging issue in OSM - you can’t add
> multiple amenities/services that are not mappable features to most mappable
> places.

because an amenity=* is usually read as feature that is characterized / of
category *

For services offered, you need a property-like tagging scheme.

For rental this was already discussed in the past. There's also
documentation:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:service:bicycle:rental

No idea why there's a "service" prefixed, but that's the way the tag is
documented and used.

> we can map the services as stand-alonse shops,

actually with amenity=* we don't map a service, we map a feature. Provided
"services" should be mapped as properties.

Cheers,
Martin