[Tagging] Power Tower Landuse = ?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 01:01:26 UTC 2017

The OSM convention is to use British English.
As an example the word 'colour' is used not 'color'.
I would prefer the continued use of British English.

Many words have more than one meaning. Webster's Dictionary (American)
has 4 definitions of Pylon. The 2nd definition fits the meaning of tower
used in this thread;
/a/ /chiefly British/ :  a tower for supporting either end of usually a
number of wires over a long span/b/ : any of various towerlike structures

While it says 'chiefly British' For 'a:' it does go on to say "/b/ :
any of various towerlike structures". So it is a known definition, even
in the United States.