[Tagging] Power Tower Landuse = ?

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Thu Jul 6 02:47:12 UTC 2017

> On Jul 6, 2017, at 10:01 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So it is a known definition, even in the United States.

+1  As an american (living in Japan) I use pylons (plural) to refer to the line of the structures, often when viewed from a distance.

Ie: “look at those pylons crossing the mountains.”

Because it is so rare to refer to a single one in general conversation, I never considered the tower/pole/pylon naming dilemma.

However, since I am not primarily a power=* mapper, I just follow the existing OSM definition of power=tower.

However, I am *very* interested in the the landuse=* tag and any others used to define the extent of man-made area usage,

so this is my reason for trying to figure out how to map an area I know shouldn’t be tagged as farmland in my particular situation.

Javbw