[Tagging] Recommendation for building tags

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 27 09:52:16 UTC 2017

Le 27. 07. 17 à 08:52, Vozniuk Taras a écrit :
> *1. Whether the building is permanent or not.*
>> what are your definitions for semipermanent and non-permanent?
> So non-permanent is a building structure constructed for a defined short
> period of time. Like Circus tent for example.
IMHO a circus is not a building, it is a temporary POI
I thing you shouldn't put a building tag on it, it's almost like a
caravan that makes a one month stop and then leave.

> Semi-permanent are constructions that are technically non-permanent but
> stay there for an indefinite amount of time. Something like we have a
> trailer house that just stays there and it’s not intended to be moved
> anytime in future.
Your ranking is linked to the strength of the building,
much more than its temporary nature.
maybe look at building:material=semi-permanent
but it is a not documented value and very subjective.
or a new value like temporary=theorical
or temporary=yes + temporary:date_off=never