[Tagging] Recommendation for building tags

Vozniuk Taras taras.vozniuk at geothings.tw
Thu Jul 27 13:01:31 UTC 2017

Hi Javbw.

Thanks for the feedback.
We don’t intent to map circus. I just had problems coming up with a good example for temporary building, so kinda resulted in some ambiguity around it.

> If you want to map such local and temporary structures, please set a personal reminder in your calendar app on your phone to go remove it. Otherwise it may stay there for years.

I think in this case the user specifies the end-date when they fill in the preset. If he doesn’t specify the end-date we will give him the alert like: By not specifying the end date you mean this temporary structure is there for indeterminate amount of time and is not intended to be moved. Confirm / Cancel.

I think we also need a server-side that tracks such temporary buildings and remove them once the due date is reached? I doubt the user will go and manually remove the building one-month later even if we remind him.

> There are some “temporary” structures that are permanent: a Bus is used as an office for a nearby driving school because no permanent structures are allowed to be built in the area. That bus has been parked in the same spot for over 10 years, (moved only during typhoons), so I consider it permanent and mappable - a much larger erection (like a circus tent) only there for a month is much more “temporary” than that bus.

So that is what we have classified as semi-permanent. (I have pointed in my previous comment)

>> Thanks for explaining. So then in order to have no confusion, we give user the binary selection:
>> {permanent, temporary}. If he selects temporary -> he can then optionally with a date picker specify the end date.
>> That would then map to your guidelines.

So I guess just like we just said above - user doesn’t specify the end-date and he confirms that this is an indeterminate temporary feature (semi-permanent).

Does this goes well?

Thanks!

Best,
Taras.