[Tagging] Tagging attractions that are farms

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Fri Jun 2 20:32:03 UTC 2017

> On Jun 2, 2017, at 7:01 PM, Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I would map it as tourism=attraction [1]  and not as
> tourism=theme_park

I totally agree that it is not a tourism=theme park.

But there places with multiple interesting  things - attractions in the tourism sense, not the rollercoaster sense.

Just yesterday they announced they are making a "Ghibli theme park" in Japan (their famous animation studio)- which means a collection of spectacles - not rides (they don't do rides). This will be a *huge* attraction in Japan (on the level of a famous theme park) - each item inside is a tourism=attraction - so how do you tag a collection of tourism=attraction s?

http://kotaku.com/theyre-making-a-studio-ghibli-theme-park-in-japan-1795712103

Tourism=* doesn't seem to have a way to define a non-ride "theme park" - a collection of tourism=attractions and other tourist amenities in one named place. I think we should consider having such a tag.

Javbw