[Tagging] fire hydrants

Robert Koch robert.koch at loggia.at
Sun Jun 18 07:33:15 UTC 2017

Okay, I got the difference between the pillar hydrants. What about
dry-hydrants where you need to pump water out of a river/pond. There is
not a shutoff in the center of the bonnet.

Formerly this [1] would have been:

> fire_hydrant:type=pond
> fire_hydrant:pressure=suction

WIth the new proposal this would be then:

> fire_hydrant:type=pipe
> fire_hydrant:pressure=suction
Is this right? In German one would translate pipe as "Ansaugrohr".

[1]
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/62/Dry_hydrant.jpg/150px-Dry_hydrant.jpg
taken from [2]
[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:emergency%3Dfire_hydrant#Types