[Tagging] Proposed deletion of wiki pages about motorcycle_friendly=*

Michael Reichert osm-ml at michreichert.de
Mon Oct 2 11:21:39 UTC 2017

Hi,

while I was looking up some tags for camp sites, I just stumbled across
the proposal of motorcycle_friendly=* and the tags motorcycle:*=*. The
proposal was discussed on this mailing list in March 2017.
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2017-March/031403.html

I hereby propose that the following pages are deleted or moved to the
user namespace of user Rtfm (their author) and marked with a "This is a
sandbox." ambox:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:motorcycle_friendly
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/FR:Key:motorcycle_friendly
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Key:motorcycle_friendly
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/CS:Key:motorcycle_friendly
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Sq:Key:motorcycle_friendly

These pages document tags which belong to the proposal but have never
been voted on. There was a invalid voting but the version of the
proposal page only contained the tag motorcycle_friendly=* at that time.
All following tags had been added to the feature pages and the proposal
page after the discussion on the Tagging mailing list:

motorcycle:tools=*
motorcycle:parking=*
drying_room=*
motorcycle:tours=*

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Proposed_features%2Fmotorcycle_friendly&type=revision&diff=1438708&oldid=1438222
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:motorcycle_friendly&diff=next&oldid=1444120

In addition, Rtfm removed the warning Ambox from the feature page which
informed readers about the problems of the motorcycle_friendly=* tag.
This is not ok and I will revert at least that change whatever the
result of this discussion is becaue it is just plain wrong.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key%3Amotorcycle_friendly&type=revision&diff=1491359&oldid=1436670

What are your opinions?

I post my deletion request on the Tagging mailing list and not just on
the Talk pages in order that everyone who is interested is informed
about my proposed deletion.

Best regards

Michael

PS Moving the pages to a user namespace includes the removal of
status=in_Use from the KeyDescription template box.