[Tagging] RFC - Key: spacing=*

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 18:39:47 UTC 2018

> The term spacing to me would suggest "space between", i.e. the clear
> distance between the things. I would prefer to use the distance of the
> centres (dimension between axes / centres) of things. It is also easier to
> estimate (total distance / (number-1)) and you don't have to assume median
> diameters etc. for irregular things like tree trunks.

Thanks, I had the same reservation at first, because I thought of mapping
trees. If you apply spacing to a row or area it makes more sense and is in
line with general usage of the term e.g. in gardening, placing rows of
plants or trees, or orchards. Did some research on that. I'll go into this
on the wiki page. I understand that I'm supposed to create a wiki page for
the proposal. I might need some help with that, though.

--
Vr gr Peter Elderson