[Tagging] Outdoor deckchairs

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 09:06:28 UTC 2018

> That definition seems overly strict. There is a tag to define how many
> places a bench has. And I don't think "1" is an invalid value for that...

the wiki suggests "1" would indeed be an invalid value for a bench
capacity, as would be "0" for instance. I don't think it is unreasonable to
ask for a "bench" to be able to accomodate more than one person, otherwise
the thing would be called "chair" or maybe "throne". Chairs could have
subclasses like armchair, easy_chair, cantilever_chair, but a bench
wouldn't fit into a chair category, and vice versa, a chair isn't fitting
in the bench category.

FWIW, although chairs don't fit into it, I believe the bench definition is
still overly inclusive, as it seems to include any place for more than one
person to sit. I would have preferred to include the term "long seat" to
make it clear it is about an intentionally set up place.

Cheers,
Martin