[Tagging] building:flats

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 01:27:56 UTC 2018

> "Own front door" to the street, or onto the corridor ie one front door
servicing multiple "units"?

Own front door to your unit, I think.

> Isn't this tag doing the same as rooms: under the hotel tag?

Yes.

Actually https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:tourism%3Dapartment
recommends "number_of_apartments=* the number of holiday apartments in the
building" which also is the same thing as building:flats.

Same concept for student accommodation/dormitories
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Student_accommodation_building