[Tagging] Fwd: Missing access value (access=license / authorization?)

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 12:35:51 UTC 2018

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 2:34 AM, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com>
wrote:

I guess where we split is that I tend to tag these odd cases based on
> the use that they currently support, and not what they legally are or
> may have been.

The only difference is I'd evaluate it on a case-by-case basis until I'd
encountered enough of them to formulate a
general rule as to when to apply it.  All I was attempting here was to
point out that access=no is different from
access=private and can have valid uses.   It's not crazy to have both.  It
may be rare to have access=no, but any time
you see a sign "No vehicles beyond this point" it applies.  A pier might
well be an example of such: the road it connects
to may be accessible to all but don't drive a motor vehicle on the pier
itself.

--
Paul