[Tagging] horse mounting/dismounting steps

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 11:05:18 UTC 2018

> Post offices are far more important than just sending mail.

agreed, also around here, I just didn't want to make my OT point too long

> I am not sure that these blocks are of any use in modern horse riding, I
> have never seen them used but are historic features that date back to a
> time when they were transport and used to get to the pub, shops or market.
> I would use the historic tag so that they fit in with other preserved
> features.

+1, if they are only or mostly of historic value, I agree. If there are
still new installations of these, I would use another tag. Other than
"amenity" and "man_made", also "leisure" could be a candidate (because as
you write, horses nowadays are only a leisure activity, or, in some
occasions, a serious sport).

Cheers,
Martin