[Tagging] Tagging suggestions for electricity

Dolly Andriatsiferana privatemajory at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 04:47:55 UTC 2018

> I think this would be hard to maintain, and highly redundant since voltage
> won't change for a given city or even country.
> Think about standards names to fill utilities:electricity.
> Each standard comes with frequency, voltage, rating...

Yes, I agree that in most cases voltage doesn't change much for a given
city. But something that will change frequently is the source (here in
Madagascar mostly from a distribution company, a generator, or individual
solar panels).
And maybe another good idea is to omit those voltage and possibly redundant
details, and put sources directly as values on the main tag (like how most
of the few existing electricity=* tags seem to be used). So we would have
something like:

   - utility:electricity=yes - there is electricity feeding the building
   but the source is not defined
   - utility:electricity=no - there is no electricity source at all
   - utility:electricity=generator/company/solar/windmill... - there is
   electricity and the source is known

Thanks.