[Tagging] antenna use key to replace some of the antenna type

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 01:36:51 UTC 2018

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 5:50 PM Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately mappers will map things as they see them. And some will want
> to add more and more detail.
> Keeping that detail in some order is what I am on about here. At present
> it is all going into antenna:type, system, polarization, configuration ...
> everything ..
> I'd prefer some more organisation than simply lumping it all together
> under one tag.

Equally on point, though, is that we need a way to keep things simple for
the mapper armed with only a pair of eyeballs, some survey equipment such
as a phone-GPS, and common knowledge of the world. I don't think we devote
enough effort to ensuring that such a person can still map the basics of
what's there on the ground. I surely don't want anyone to have to do
research before even roughing something in.