[Tagging] Follow-Up Proposal - voting ended - (Tramtrack on highway)

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 12:10:00 UTC 2018

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 9:14 AM Nikulainen, Jukka K <
jukka.nikulainen at helsinki.fi> wrote:

It seems to me superfluous to have a new vote on the embedded_rails tag
> itself.

It seems to me that there are two possibilities here.

1) Your analysis is correct.  The new proposal would meet with universal
acclaim and pass
unanimously.  In which case you have no reason to fear such a vote other
than the relatively
small amount of work to implement the process.

2) Your new idea would not have universal approval and would fail.  In
which case a vote IS
required to show that the community rejects your blithe assumption that
there is no need
for a vote.

There is only one way to find out which possibility is true, and that is to
have a vote.  Regardless
of the merits of your new proposal it needs a vote, if only to confirm its
legitimacy.

Note that a cynical person would assume that your "we don't need a vote"
argument was an
attempt to circumvent the fact that we do need a vote.  Even if your
motives are entirely
innocent, they may not be seen as such.

I reject your proposal not to produce a new proposal.

--
Paul