[Tagging] Tourism=attraction: feature or secondary tag?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Fri Dec 7 00:10:23 UTC 2018

5 Dec 2018, 07:29 by joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com:
> Is it necessary to use tourism=attraction as the only tag for certain features?

No, it is never, ever OK. And JOSM validator complains about such tagging.

> Either we need to add an icon or outline, or we can remove this> from the list of rendered features. If the wiki is correct then it can
> be removed, because properly-tagged features should have another, more
> specific tag that can be rendered

This is offtopic for this mailing list.

Proper place for discussing rendering in this style is at its issue tracker at
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues <https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues>