[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Ephemeral a water property key.

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 00:55:18 UTC 2018

Thoughts ... (take on  Hobbit like theme - one key to rule them all...)

As both intermittent and seasonal are all render the same .. why not
combine them into one key as well?

non_perennial=seasonal/intermittent/ephemeral/summer/spring/winter/autumn/intermittent_summer/ephemeral_summer
etc

I note that intermittent is taken by many as 'I know it is
non-perennial' so it may be appropriate to have a non_perennial=yes for
the more common mapping value.

???
Well? Is that a reasonable idea?

It could be implemented as a mechanical edit on
seasonal 1:1.
On intermittent=yes ... as non_perennial=yes with a request to determine
a more specific value?
On intermittent=/season/ ... as non_perennial=intermittent_/season

/These could coexist with the present tags while people changed over.
//