[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Ephemeral a water property key.

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Fri Dec 14 02:09:17 UTC 2018

I do like the idea of one key to rule them all. But I am uncomfortable with a key name which has a negative preface.

At first I wondered about a perennial tag but then the values might be difficult. Then it occurred that we are trying to tag the presence of something, in this case water. There are only a few things tagged with presence=* now [1] and they look unrelated to water. But how about:

presence=perennial/seasonal/intermittent/ephemeral/summer/spring/winter/autumn/ etc.

And state that perennial be the default if untagged.

Cheers!

[1] https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/presence#values