[Tagging] request for review: OSM wiki rewording of tourism=motel based on Wikipedia

bkil bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 17:14:41 UTC 2018

Hello Niklaas,

I have written my own arguments - I have not copied anything from
Wikipedia, I wrote every sentence of the text you see there myself. I've
actually came up with my own arguments first based on limited local
experience and only then double checked in Wikipedia whether I was way off.

As I edit both Wikipedia and the OSM Wiki, I can assure you that Wikipedia
has a high standards of quality. They require reliable sources for each
substantial claim being made and reviewing traffic is much higher compared
to the OSM Wiki. This is actually why I've made the responsible decision of
bringing it up here, as otherwise my edit would have been hidden for some
years to come.

I actually had a kind of *perception* regarding motels that I was missing
from the OSM Wiki. So I read through the respective Wikipedia article, and
it confirmed my hypothesis. However, I don't claim to be a motel or lodging
expert, so if you think that Wikipedia is wrong or missing major aspects of
the question, feel free to extend that as well, so we can all learn from it.

Thanks for caring, I agree that we need to be whiter than white