[Tagging] Glamping

bkil bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 12:37:17 UTC 2018

There are a few sites around here that come to mind, although we generally
view them to be a kind of camping site.

http://www.opusztaszerimenes.hu/en/jurtaszallas-en/
http://www.dobogokojurta.hu/en
http://gyulatermalkemping.hu/en/
http://www.alpokaljamotel.hu/hu/kemping/

Some also try to sell them as "motels", because parking outside in the
woods is easy and they are very inexpensive. Although I think those who are
pushing it are overdoing it.

I may not be grasping the exact concept of glamping and the borderline
between glamping and camping, as this term is not widely known in Hungary.
Most of the non-free, commercial, but basic camping sites around here
provide all those amenities listed in Wikipedia, including electricity,
Wi-Fi, drinking water, bathing, kitchen, washing machines, warden service
and in many cases flush toilets too, otherwise people would not be willing
to pay for them.

Many such camping sites also offer a few guest_house/motel-style rooms in
wooden or brick structures greatly enhanced compared to simple cabins, and
even a restaurant or pub. I usually add a separate POI per function in such
cases following best practice.

What is the criteria for determining when to use cabins=* instead of adding
a separate motel/guest_house POI, what is the definition of a cabin?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Log_cabin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cottage
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalet