[Tagging] Tagging for an American Wild & Scenic river

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 20:11:48 UTC 2018

On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 5:35 AM, Matej Lieskovsk√Ĺ <lieskovsky.matej at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Brad is right: Wild, Scenic and Recreational rivers are already
> defined as protect_class=5. Use the protection_title tag to specify
> the exact type of protection.

It's slightly more complicated than that, which is why I haven't got a
really
good start on it. It's not clear what The Right Thing might be when
a Wild River is mostly embedded within a Wilderness Area
(protect_class=1b); it winds up appearing as if the river corridor loses
protection as it transits the class 1, but that's surely not the case,