[Tagging] 'Unknown' value.

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 21:36:21 UTC 2018

On 05-Feb-18 03:30 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 4. Feb 2018, at 12:44, OSMDoudou <19b350d2-b1b3-4edb-ad96-288ea1238eee at gmx.com> wrote:
>>
>> If your analysis shows these tags don't add value (this is to say: don't make a gigantic update on places you haven't reviewed), you better remove them (possibly with a comment on the changeset explaining you're removing tags which don't make sense).
>
> I don’t think they should be batch removed, I see them as a kind of fixme tag, which might have been applied because the mapper thought an important property needs resurvey, especially barrier=unknown or access=unknown on barriers

If the tags were applied by an import (or batch) then I see no reason not to remove them as a batch.

If part of an import they might ... but only might ... not have that information in the import.

That would have been better added as a note saying import x does not have information on x, y, z for this feature.

But *=unknown is very unhelpful.