[Tagging] Heat distribution networks for district heating

Lorenzo Mastrogiacomi lomastrolo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 19:45:25 UTC 2018

Il giorno gio, 08/02/2018 alle 16.44 +0100, François Lacombe ha
scritto:
> Hi,
>
> Nothing to add to marc's tagging below.
>
> Try to find out if it's actual hot water or steam running in pipes
> (imho 120°c heated water can still be liquid at proper pressure).
> Both exists, this will affect substance=* on pipelines and
> generator:type for generator.
>
> For hot water, substance=heat / generator:type=boiler
> For steam, substance=steam / generator:type=steam_generator
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:generator:type
>
> This sounds to be a good quest to map such networks, let us know :)
>
> François

I would accept "hot_water" as substance, this is also a valid word in
generator:output: namespace ( https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:g
enerator:output ) but "heat" is definely not a substance and says
nothing about (could be water, steam or oil or anything else).

Lorenzo