[Tagging] Heat distribution networks for district heating

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 8 22:27:08 UTC 2018

Le 08. 02. 18 à 20:53, Pieter Vander Vennet a écrit :

> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Heat_distribution_network_pipelines> (a
> tagging proposal

if it's a proposal, please move it to the proposed_feature space
but what's the proposed feature ? only adding substence=hot_water and
temperature ? others tags already exist.
or it's a howto draft ? or a user talk page related to this question ?

>     I would accept "hot_water" as substance
>     but "heat" is definely not a substance and says nothing about
>     (could be water, steam or oil or anything else).

in this case, steam is also not a substance :-)
if you want to be a purist about words, it should be
substance=water or air (or oil although I don't know any of them)
usage=heat_transfer
and for substance=water, state=liquid or steam/gas