[Tagging] Canoe route

Yves yvecai at mailbox.org
Sun Jul 1 05:28:02 UTC 2018

Paul,
I have no problem with putting more tags on those ways crossing the lake, route=canoe if you like it.
My peg is round here and we can indeed expand specifically the whitewater page to lakes, etc.
Grade 0 is not in the ' International scale of river difficulty' quoted in OSM wiki. Our expansion of the difficulty scale obviously apply to still water.

I also think this allow a consistent tagging for the ways along a route that crosses lake and follow rivers.

Needless to say, if you never paddled there, please don't map it.
Yves