[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - ephemeral -STOPPED

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 00:17:19 UTC 2018

On 19/07/18 02:04, Fran├žois Lacombe wrote:

> <mailto:theswavu at gmail.com>>:
>
>     On 18/07/18 18:42, Fran├žois Lacombe wrote:
>
>         What about flow=permanent(default), intermittent, ephemeral ?
>

>     Flow is not a good choice for a key as you can tag other
>     hydrological features' permanence; such as lakes or wetlands, and
>     these don't flow.
>

> Then, water_presence=permanent(default), intermittent, ephemeral,
> seasonal?
> Obviously, I find water_ prefix redundant with waterway=*, but
> understand that it may be necessarily.
> I don't see any objection to such key in your story. Just "no
> particular response".
>
> It would allows us to merge intermittent=yes, seasonal=*,
> ephemeral=yes and maybe more tags.

That does not allow for a combination .. e.g.

seasonal presence in winter
intermittent presence in spring;summer

The present practice of adding the tag intermittent to anything tagged
seasonal does not help at all for any chance of combinations ... so OSM
may as well abandon any hope of detailing any complex situation.