[Tagging] building = house vs detached.

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 08:01:52 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 23. Jul 2018, at 01:27, André Pirard <A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So, we have building=house and building=yes at least.
> If we start using building=detached we no longer know if it's a house or a plain building, do we?
> So, detached is not a type of building but an attribute of it.

I agree „detached“ is not a very nice tag, because it is mostly used as a short form of „detached_house“ but this is not obvious for non-native speakers.

I don’t agree detached house isn’t a type of building. It is a residential building, usually for one family, without touching neighbouring buildings (detached building), and with a garden around it (usually).

cheers,
Martin