[Tagging] Missing access value (access=license / authorization?)

José G Moya Y. josemoya at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 07:46:52 UTC 2018

 Hi!

For the rest of us

Like Kevin, I followed this email list for a couple years. The first case I
read about was the lakes of Alaska (Sept 21st 2017), but I'm sure there
were more threads on this matter before.

For cases where you get your permit on the entrance of a national park or
similar, I understand "access=customers" is fine, since, as you'll do in a
theme park, you have to make a reservation and buy tickets, in some cases
limited to a few visitors. In this I agree with Marc.

For cases where there is not obvious "entrance gate" I'm not sure of how
you would map it.

An example would be Cíes Islands in Galicia, Spain, where limited visitors
are allowed every day -- "licences" are usually included with boat tickets,
but last year there was an scandal when government discovered boat tickets
overpassed the allowed number of licences. ¿Is it access=customers? ¿Are
the customers of the many boat companies travelling to Cíes also the
customers of the Cíes National Park?

Also, there is the case of the closed city centres, "Low Emission Zones",
discused in another thread, I don't recall the outcome of the thread on Low
Emission Zones, just that they have their own tag. despite they could be
tagged as "private" or "customers" if we follow the line of thought of Marc
and most people on this list. Their rules are similar to what you could
consider a special case of "permit" or "licence". In current Madrid LEZ,
permit is granted to residents, hotel hostages, some kinds of vehicles
(including high-polluting motorcycles) and people who has requested a
permit negotiated by an area resident. The rules will change next November,
but I think the situation will be similar.

P.D. Javier, remember OSM uses British English, so "licence" would be
preferred to "license".

Yours,

José