[Tagging] British term for municipal greenery?

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 6 13:02:37 UTC 2018

On 06/06/2018 12:48, Paul Allen wrote:
> Actually, there is a difference.
> If grass is grown for a purpose (be it grazing or mere decoration) 
> it's landuse.  If it's
> there naturally and not used (by man) for any purpose (or incidental 
> to man's purposes)
> then it's landcover.  At least, that's how I see it.

I see grass as grass. If it's maintained by humans, that should be 
described in sub-tags, not in different key tags. Something like:

The same problem occurs with woods, where natural/landuse is used to 
differentiate whether it's human managed. (In fact it's often further 
misused to describe density of the trees). Again all 'adjective' 
descriptions should be recorded in sub=tags.


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20180606/2d4c0d21/attachment.html>

More information about the Tagging mailing list