[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Telecom local netwoks

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 06:32:40 UTC 2018

Hi all

Le lun. 11 juin 2018 à 01:29, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> a écrit :

> It also states that in the UK, the switchgear is a telephone exchange and
> the building the switches
> are housed in is called a telephone exchange (we Brits aren't very
> inventive where terminology is concerned).

Then we do have an issue here

It's the same as calling this a "transformer"
https://www.epcomediterranee.com/medias/fiches_produits/fiche/438-poste-de-transformation-couloir-de-manoeuvre-type-pac-4uf-5uf.JPG

While it's a "power substation" (power=substation) building and the
transformer (power=transformer) is actually inside
http://www.infos-reseaux.com/photos/image/poste-de-distribution-transformateur-bt/48-24062008661.jpg

Telephone exchange hosting buildings use to be tagged with man_made=MDF
because the "Main Distribution Frame" is inside too. Moving from MDF to
telephone exchange won't bring any benefit i'm affraid.

I'm not focused on central_office anyway, but we need two different terms
to distinguish buildings from hosted devices and central office is the best
we found for buildings

All the best

François