[Tagging] Street exits

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 07:10:49 UTC 2018

Speed limit is only implied for the part crossing the sidewalk. The street
behind it can have different speed limits, usually it is part of a "30 Kmph
zone", but that is not implied or necessary.

The level of detail: sidewalks and kerbs are not usually mapped. It's not
realistic to start doing that just for these "exit constructions". In fact,
the exit may have dropped kerbs, but it might be a fat line or double line,
a line of different paving, a traffic bump or just that the sidewalk paving
stops.
Similar considerations for separate tagging of other details of paving,
elevation, lining. These are not fixed. The key element is that you cross a
sidewalk (and/or cycling lane).

Speed signs, give-way signs, shark teeth, stop-lines, bump warnings may or
may not be present. The idea is that all or most signs can be removed: a.
You are coming form an exit so slow down and give way! b. It's coming from
the right but it's an exit so move on!

We're looking for a simple way to indicate what's there without tagging all
the details and implications separately.

Vr gr Peter Elderson